Monday, January 22, 2007

Item Number 3: Chair (Black), Folding

Time in possession: About 4 years now.

Cost: Yet another gift, so free. I'll call it 15$

Description: A black folding lawn chair with a maple leaf on the back. Has a nylon strap for carrying when folded up. Really comfy. Like, ridiculously comfy when it all comes down to it.

Story: When I told my mother about this site idea, she asked me to see what random items I had photographed for the first few entries. When I showed her this one, she laughed and asked me if I knew where it came from. I confessed that while I remembered it had been a Christmas gift, I didn't really know anything else about it. She started to fill me in.

Apparently my sister (the middle child) had won it in a draw at her grade 12 graduation and really didn't have a use for it. Then, when she and my other sister (the youngest of us three) hadn't bought me much for Christmas that year they decided that since it hadn't really been used much to toss it in as well. As far as re-gifting goes, I think I did pretty damn well with it.

While it hasn't gotten a huge amount of use, on the occasions that I do have to use it it is very handy. It folds up small behind my door, so it's always at the ready for a party, to run off on an impromptu camping trip or just to be an extra chair for a party or get-together. In fact, it was used just the other night when I had friends over for our game night and the chair I was using collapsed. A handy thing, for sure.

It's best use however has been during my several times at the Winnipeg Folk Festival camping ground, where it provided a nice place to warm up by the fire, drink beer on the crazy evenings and nurse a hang-over while eating breakfast in the morning. Good times.


No comments: