Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Item Number 11: Shoes (White), Athletic

Time in possession: Almost 3 years now

Cost: A gift from my sister's ex-boyfriend, so free. They were brand spanking new at the time though, so probably in the area of 100$.

Description: White and Red Adidas running shoes. Have sustained several stage combat classes worth of use, as well as some time outdoors. The back of the heels are also pretty worn, since I don't like to untie my shoes. This is why I can't have nice things.

Story: For a while my sister Regan (the middle one) dated a guy named Marcel, who happened to be a member of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, our local CFL team. After one season, his contract was not renewed and so he had to head back to his home in the States. He was a pretty cool guy, and before he left he gave a bunch of his stuff to the family since he didn't want to lug it back home with him: I got a pair of shoes, since they fit well enough.

I've got a thing about keeping shoes, especially since I've been replacing them before they are totally worn away. At the moment I've probably got about 7 pairs, which is actually really excessive now that I write it down and actually think about it. I mean, sure, keeping one pair around for doing messy stuff like painting or whatever is fine, but a pile of them? Ridiculous!

I should actually really get rid of these guys. I've since discovered that my actual shoe size is about one and a half smaller then what I had thought it was and keeping them around is not really all that useful. Will I get rid of them? Lord knows.


That being said, I'm starting to think that this project is going to culminate in a big trip to the Salvation Army drop off box...

No comments: