Saturday, January 20, 2007

And It Begins

This is a project called "What I Own: A Biography in Belongings". A few things about myself- My name is Brent. I live in a middle sized Canadian city that wants to be both a small and large Canadian city. I am an actor, writer and library worker. And that is all you need know for now.

The point behind this project is manyfold, but on the simplest level I want to see what happens when I take photographs of the various (and many) things I own and tell you whatever stories they hold. It's part art project, part biography, part therapy and more then a little voyeur/exhibitionist exchange, but let's not get bogged down in that for right now.

My hope is to publish at least one entry every week, although we will see how far that goes. Reader feedback is welcome and encouraged. Wish me luck.

No comments: