Friday, February 2, 2007

Item Number 13: Container Tower

Time in possession: 7 or 8 months

Description: White plastic frame containing several plastic containers/shelves. Has wheels for ease of movement. Sturdy. Is full of so much of my crap.

Cost: Given away by a friend of my sisters, so free. I'll say 30$, although I'm probably under estimating.

Story: During the spring last year Morgan, a friend of my sister Regan, was staying over at my house for a few weeks as she was between houses. During that time she slept in the main room of the basement, essentially giving me a next-door neighbor. She was a good house guest, and upon her leaving left the family with some of her things- Namely a case of flavored water (which was very slow in being used) and this tower, which I eagerly took on. This is lame, but I love "storage solutions". I'm kind of anal that way, despite the perpetual mess that I'm usually entombed in.

Morgan had used the top containers to store make up, and so upon taking the tower I had the unenviable task of cleaning up the various messes left. I had taken a stage make-up class in University, but it didn't quite prepare me for the ridiculousness that was getting rid of al the make up. I mean, really. The worst part of the ordeal was finally (FINALLY) cleaning it off to find that much of the greasy mess was now lodged underneath my fingernails. Exquisite.

It now resides in my closet, holding a whole manner of items and various knick knacks, probably a whole months entries in of itself. My favorite thing about it though is that it is designed in such a way as to only hold a certain amount of weight, which prevents me from over burdening it, which is something most of my bookshelves cannot claim. Looking at the picture now though, I do see a couple of empty shelves... I wonder what I'll put in there?

No comments: