Thursday, April 5, 2007

Item Numer 26: T-Shirt (Black), Printed

Time in possession: 15 or 16 years.

Description: Black T-shit advertising "Man Man Discount Tire and Muffler Ltd." Light breathable fabric. Worn pretty much threadbare.

Cost: A gift, so free. You'd probably pay 2.99 at Value Village.

Story: When I was about 8 or 9, I was given this shirt (along with another one) by the father of a couple of children that my mother babysat at the time. It was large on me, but that was the style I liked to wear at the time and I wore it once or twice before putting it in my closet for storage. The man owned a business (my memory wants to say a car dealership, but that might be wrong) hence the shirt. In any case, he was giving me some free merch and I wasn't going to decline.

The shirt stayed with my family when we moved from Regina to Winnipeg, and was unpacked in my new closet, where it would long remain until one day (I was probably around 2o-21 at the time) I found it and tried it on. While I didn't care much for pimping tires, this shirt was comfortable. I was sad that I couldn't find the other shirt I had received with it- My memory had it with a cobra on the front, something that had far more ironic potential - but I was happy to have this shirt now, great for work-outs and hot days.

When I took this picture, I noticed that underneath the printing at the bottom of the logo a hole and formed, and I knew its days were numbered. Well, since then it has been tossed into the rag drawer during a purge through my wardrobe. That makes it the first item in this project that I really don't own any longer. I wish I still had it: Shirts that comfortable sadly don't last long, but I supposed I've gotten several years out of it which is more then reasonable.

Now if only I can find that Cobra...

No comments: